» Section 504 Notice of Program Accessibility
Section 504 Notice of Program Accessibility
The regulation implementing Section 504 requires that an agency/facility “…adopt and implement procedures to ensure that interested persons, including persons with impaired vision or hearing, can obtain information as to the existence and location of services, activities, and facilities that are accessible to and usable by disabled persons.” (45 C.F.R. §84.22(f))
CarpeVITA Home Care and all of its programs and activities are accessible to and useable by disabled persons, including persons who are deaf, hard of hearing, or blind, or who have other sensory impairments. Access features include:
- Level access into first floor level.
- Fully accessible offices, meeting rooms, bathrooms, and public waiting areas.
- A full range of assistive and communication aids provided to persons who are deaf, hard of hearing, or blind, or with other sensory impairments. There is no additional charge for such aids. Some of these aids include:
- Qualified sign language interpreters for persons who are deaf or hard of hearing.
- A twenty-four hour (24) phone operator to answer calls from a relay operator (TTY/TDD) which can connect the caller to our office. 7-1-1 may be used by anyone to communicate with persons who are deaf, hard of hearing, or speech impaired.
- Readers and taped material for the blind and large print materials for the visually impaired.
- Flash cards, alphabet boards and other communication boards.
- Assistive devices for persons with impaired manual skills.
If you require any of the aids listed above, please let the receptionist or your nurse/caregiver know.