Veterans Home Care
Qualified veterans can receive veterans home care funding from the Veterans Administration’s Aid and Attendance Benefit. Services that are available for reimbursement include Activities of Daily Living (ADLs) such as bathing, dressing, cooking, taking medications correctly and other services that help Veterans and their spouses or surviving spouses of Veterans to better enjoy their senior years. Services to assist with dementia or Alzheimer’s disease are also included.
You may be eligible for Veterans Home Care benefits if you meet the following qualifications:
- Veterans must have served 1 day during an active war and had no less than a 90-day service.
- Surviving spouses must still have been married to the veteran when they passed.
- You must have a doctor’s order insisting you need the aid and attendance of another person daily.
- You must have less than $80K in checking and savings and even less if you are applying as a single (Does not include your home or vehicles; IRAs and CDs are included as income).
- You must have received an honorable or general discharge.
- You may not qualify if you are receiving state assistance, including Medicaid or another subsidized program.
Contact Us Today for your FREE consultation!